Widow Wednesday has annual events that will continue and new events and outreaches we’re excited to see come to life. This year we have been a part of so many practical projects to bless widows in our community partnering with companies like Bankers Life and Home Depot just to name a few helping with homes and more. We are looking for partners who want to give one time or monthly to see our vision reached. Thanks in advance for being part of #GivingTuesday and partnering with Widow Wednesday!
How Will Widow Wednesday Use Your Gift?
Average Annual Financial Giving
- Christmas gifts to widows with children $3000 a year
- Dominican Republic to help their widows $1000 a year
- Workshops/Seminars $1,000
- National Widow’s Day $5,000
- Valentine Day $900 a year
- Christmas baskets and Caroling $800 a year
- Home repairs: $5000 a year
- Christmas Banquet $500
Our Team and Volunteers Give Time by:
- In home visits
- Online encouragement and conversations
- Grief Seminars
- Fall Rake Day
- Valentine Rose and gift delivery
- Christmas Caroling and gift basket delivery
- Home repairs and chores
Our monthly operating expenses cover
- Web hosting and expenses
- Small stipends for our two paid team members
- Widow project expenses not covered by business donations
- Incidentals for monthly projects
Connecting Every Widow To Someone Who Cares
GRIEF CARE BASKET
- By giving $5 per month or $60 per year you will cover the cost of one “Grief Care Basket”. This is a basket we give to recent widows in our community, hand delivered by a loving volunteer with books, giftcard, self care items and more. We try to taylor the gift to each widow or widower. Thank you for Partnering with us at this level!
- By partnering with us at $50 per month or $600 per year you’re enabling us to continue reaching out and covering the practical needs of widows and widowers who may not be able to financially or emotionally care for themselves or their homes. Thank you for helping keep these widows and widowers safe!
- By Partnering at $500 per month you’re fuling growth here at Widow Wednesday. We have plans to expand our team as well as impact but this takes careful planning and resource we can count on. Thank you for partnering at this level and helping us move toward the future!